So it has been quite a long week. Marley has began doing this really great thing where she hits you if she is angry. I’m not happy about this. Before I had Marley I kind of figured Ray would do all the disciplining and I would sit back and giggle at her antics and be there to run to when she was upset. It turns out, it’s quite the contrary. I, as a first time mother, usually google things to see if they’re okay. This kind of came about suddenly though, so I just went with my gut.
This sequence of events is pretty much how it goes:
- Marley has something she is not supposed to have, I tell her to give it to me.
- She hands it over, but when I won’t give it back, she is angered and hits me. Angrily.
- I say sternly: “Marley, no hitting. No.” She gets angrier, hits me again, multiple times.
- I yell “Marley, stop! No hitting Mommy.” She continues on.
- Sometimes, it stops there, and she becomes my gentle angel and touches my hand instead. Today, it continued, and it escalated to even more anger! So step 5, I hit her back. Right there on the wrist. She sat down, and cried, for about five minutes.
But here’s the problem…this worked. For about twenty minutes! Then I had to keep yelling at her not to hit me. Moms, what do I do about this?! How do I stop it? I asked my mother about what she did when I went through this and she laughed because I was the sweetest little baby in the world. Sigh.
Anyways, in other news. Ray got a second job at Hibbett and is a possibility for another spot at Lowe’s. Jesus, he moves to Decatur and it’s like they’re linin’ up to hire him. But that’s okay it’s all a blessing. Bills are coming though, and my stress level will not be reduced until after they are all paid and asleep for another month. Ray and I have been stepping on each other’s toes this week and I think it’s the money. Can’t wait till this week is over.